With all the bells and whistles that smartphones come with these days, it’s easy to forget their original purpose, the actual phone. Your Android device makes a complete record of all your ingoing and outgoing calls. The need to go back and check on a call might come up. You may need to know precisely when a call came in, or you just can’t seem to remember if Aunt Sally called you. Whatever the reason is, we’ll tell you how you can check Android call history.
Android Call Log Details
These details are stored when making a call on your Android phone.
- Call Time
- Phone Number
- Outgoing or Incoming Call
- Call Duration
- Name Of Number Owner (If Saved In Your Contacts)
How To View Call History Directly On Android
The below directions were done on a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. The steps may vary slightly on your own Android smartphone.
- Open Phone app.
- Tap Recents.
- You’ll see one or more of these icons next to or below each call in your list:
- Missed calls (incoming) (red).
- Calls you answered (incoming) (green).
- Calls you made (outgoing) (orange).
- Tap Details to see more information on that phone call.
Delete A Phone Call
- Go to your Phone app.
- Tap Recents.
- Click on the three horizontal dots in the upper right corner.
- Choose Delete.
- Select the call(s) you want to delete, and click on Delete.
Delete Complete Call History
- Open Phone app.
- Select Recents.
- Tap on the three horizontal dots in the upper right corner.
- Click on Delete → All → Delete.
View Calls Through Your Service Provider
Whatever company provides your service maintains a record of your calls. Most providers allow you to view your account details on their online platform. If you don’t have an online account with your provider, they’re easy to set up. Learn how below.
- Log on to VerizonWireless.com*.
- Hover over “Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Login to your Account, or,
- Register using your phone number if you don’t have one set up.
- Enter the verification code sent to your mobile to finish registering.
- Click the Billing tab to view call history.
*we used Verizon as an example but the procedure is nearly the same for all providers
View Calls Using PhoneSpector Monitoring Software
If you’ve already installed PhoneSpector on the target device, then viewing the call log is as simple as logging on to your online user dashboard where everything is conveniently stored. If you don’t currently use PhoneSpector, installation is easy.
- Purchase PhoneSpector.
- Follow provided OTA (Over-The-Air) link the target Android phone.
- Click on the link and follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation.
- Log into and visit the product dashboard on your online account to view the target Android phone’s call log details.
What About Deleted Calls?
This is where PhoneSpector has a tremendous advantage, the ability to view deleted calls. As shown earlier, calls can easily be deleted with the touch of a few keystrokes. While this is an important feature to have, it can be frustrating to a person who is monitoring a phone. A child could manually delete a call from the phone and think they are in the total clear. With PhoneSpector, that call will still be visible to you, even if they did go ahead and delete it.
Advantages Of Using Monitoring Software
– Remote Access
One of the best things about monitoring software is the ability to access phone data remotely. Say you’re using PhoneSpector to monitor your child’s phone. You’ll now be able to check their call history while they’re away. Parents appreciate this feature because it means they don’t have to ask for the phone, or even be in the same room with it, in order to monitor.
– Data Backup / Recovery
We keep a lot of information on our mobile devices. Losing one, or having one break, could mean losing something important. Smartphones are a common target for pickpockets because they’re small, expensive, and everyone has one. Don’t let yourself fall into a situation where you lose information you’ll need later like your call log.
– GPS Tracking
PhoneSpector taps into your phone’s GPS capabilities, the same as when you use Google Maps. You’ll receive the real-time location of the target Android smartphone. Parents love this feature because they know exactly where their children are (so long as they have their devices on them). Businesses like it because they know where their company issued devices are. If your phone is lost or stolen, you’ll know precisely where it is.
Checking Android call history is a simple process whatever your reasons may be. Android devices keep a log of all incoming and outgoing calls. You’ll have everything thing you need with the touch of a few buttons using PhoneSpector. If you’re monitoring a phone and need to know all the details without worrying if it will get deleted, then monitoring software is more in line with what you need. On top of retrieving deleted calls, you’ll enjoy remote access to most of the phone’s important data while also having a place to back it up and store it.
Need To View An iPhone Call History? Click Here.